At Knowsley, we firmly believe in the importance of a school uniform and value your cooperation in maintaining the school’s high standards of appearance.
Children should to come to school wearing the correct uniform, including footwear, every day. Please can you ensure that all items of clothing and footwear are clearly labelled with your child’s name. All children must have black pumps for indoor wear and plain dark footwear (trainers or shoes) for outside – brightly coloured shoes and trainers are not part of our school uniform. Red sweatshirts and PE T-shirts, embroidered with the school emblem, are available from:
Children are not allowed to wear any type of make-up, including nail varnish. Hairstyles with designs and lines cut into the hair are not permitted and hair accessories should be in the school colours. The wearing of any jewellery, other than watches and simple stud earrings for those with pierced ears, is not allowed. For health and safety reasons, all jewellery must be removed for PE activities.
All children must wear the following uniform:
- White polo shirt or shirt/blouse
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore. In summer, a red and white gingham checked school dress may be worn
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan (either plain or embroidered with the school emblem)
- Plain socks of school uniform colour
- Black pumps (for indoor wear)
- Plain, dark outdoor shoes/trainers – coloured trainers are not acceptable
Our PE kit consists of the following:
- Plain black or navy knee-length shorts/leggings
- Red or white T-shirt – either plain or embroidered with the school emblem (Saddleworth Olympics SAS T-shirts may also be worn)
- Plain black or navy tracksuit
Branded or football clothing of any type is not permitted for PE lessons.